4e launches the first course of its new Institute of Land | Art Studies.
Following our year’s theme of ‘walking + art’, we’ve designed a series of engaging activities. Pick one, pick two, or do all three to obtain a 4e course credit. See the Walking page for details.
Our first annual Elemental Festival in October 2015 featured innovative, contemporary site-specific and land-based works: installation, performance, music and writing. Check out the picture gallery from the festival!
Among the events:
- Sound walks, post-card exchange, and art exhibition
- Festival Opening: Announcement of Elemental Festival Writing Prize, ‘Riffing on the River’ with Boo Watson, and celebration of the river restoration with Manitoulin Streams
- St. John’s Anglican Church fundraiser: Gospel music with Kagawong Folk Roots Collective. Cake and refreshments for sale.
- Kids Environmental Art Workshop with 4e and Manitoulin Streams: Salmon ecosystems
- Adult Soundscape Workshop with Sean Procyk
- Paddle the upper river with North Wind Adventures, enjoy the special festival rate!
- Artist led tour along the river with Michael Belmore, Sean Procyk, Ann Marie Hadcock and more!
- Musical Guest Pistol George Warren from Sudbury
- Community Discussion and creative exploration facilitated by Heather Thoma: How has the river changed over time?
- Performance and Artist Talk with Mariana Lafrance