- What next?
- Outside the Box
- River School
- Early Learning
- Elemental Festival
- Elemental Excursions
- Land Art
- Research & Education
- Community, Cultural & Economic Development
- Artist Residencies
- Past Programs
August 27th - September 4th: Exhibition
August 26th: Encaustic Workshop
Tracey-Mae Chambers is an artist and educator working with encaustic and fibre. She has taught and exhibited across Ontario, spreading her passion for encaustic. Her latest body of work addresses missing and murdered Aboriginal women in Canada, focussing on the change away from traditional female roles as the centre of Aboriginal families and communities since contact with Europeans.
Stop by the 4elements Studio - 91 Main Street, Kagawong - to see the new exhibition. Aug. 27-29 and Sept. 1, Tracey-Mae will be in the studio and available to chat.
Questions? Call 4elements 705-282-0444
What? Intro to Encaustic with Tracey-Mae Chambers
Where? 4e Studio, 91 Main Street, Kagawong
When? Wednesday 26 August, 10am - 4pm
$75 includes a full-day workshop and all the materials needed to get started with encaustic painting. Join 4e artist in residence, Tracey-Mae Chambers, in exploring the ancient technique of using hot beeswax and pigment to create images.
Cultural and Recreational Programs Assistant: Youth Internship
$17.31/hr. for 52 weeks. Start date: March 15, 2015
Want to be part of an exciting organization that delivers innovative cultural programming? Want to develop skills and build experience in social enterprise, the arts, and cultural recreation?
Join 4elements living arts.
We’re seeking a bright, creative young person.
Training will be provided; and assistance in finding housing for off-Island applicants will be provided.
• Assist in co-ordination of cultural and recreational programs
• Networking; communications; maintenance of website and social media sites
• Support of social enterprise activities
• Support of grant-writing/revenue generation activities
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• College or university training in: events management, marketing, arts admin, CESD, and/or social enterprise
• Recently finished a post-secondary degree/diploma
• A vehicle is required
Deadline: 5:00 pm April 15, 2015
c/o Sophie Edwards
Funded by Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation